Jennifer Kolb, LCSW; Social Work Consultant, reviewed and determined the course meets requirements for continuing education in the field of social work. This course is appropriate for masters and clinical level social workers. Jennifer graduated with a Master’s degree in Social Work with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Louisville, Kentucky. She specializes in school-based psychotherapy with children and adolescents, as well as licensing exam coaching and preparation.
: This publication was prepared by the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and RTI International.
This publication reports estimates of mental health service utilization among adults in the United States within different racial/ethnic groups. Highlights include past year utilization, prescription psychiatric medication use, and outpatient and inpatient mental health service.
- Gain knowledge of racial/ethnic differences in mental health service use among adults.
- Gain knowledge of differences in mental health service use among adults with any mental illness.
- Gain knowledge of differences in mental health service use among adults with serious mental illness.
Course materials can be downloaded or read online. To receive a certificate of completion, you must complete a multiple-choice post-test with a score of 75% or better and complete a course evaluation.
- Academic Review is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Academic Review maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
- Academic Review, #1145, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Academic Review maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 1/10/2017 – 1/10/2020. Social workers completing this course receive two hours continuing education credits.
Continuing Education licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction, are not always well defined and may even supersede the rules of a national accreditation organization. We recommend you contact the applicable state licensing board or accrediting organization for the latest regulations and specific requirements of your state when considering our programs for Continuing Education credit.
Chief Learning Officer, Graham Taylor, manages all grievances and will acknowledge, investigate and remedy grievances. Response to grievances will be made in writing within 30 days. Please send an email to Graham Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, click here for more information.
Customer satisfaction is important to us. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please send your complaint or questions in writing to email@example.com. You’re entitled to a refund if your request is sent within seven days of purchase and prior to starting the course's CE post-test. If it has been more than seven days since the purchase date and you are not satisfied with your online course for any reason, you may switch to any other online course of equal or lesser value.
Accommodations for Disabilities
To request accommodation; please contact our office at 1-800-225-3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.